Saturday 3 January 2015

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK.... /// Grateful thoughts for a new year

This Christmas season felt very different. Although very rich in love, season's cheer and all of the calories that comes with it, this Christmas felt more... grown up. This is largely because I realized how special this season is for kids, and how they really make it all worth it. Seeing my cousin's and boyfriend's sister's kids go through all of the emotions that Christmas entails really drove home how much this is a season that is best shared with family, and served with a heaping dose of gratitude, happiness and sharing.

On that note, I just want to share a couple things that I was really grateful for this holiday season, and from the entire year as a whole:

1. My mom
This has been a really tough year for her, and for all of us. In addition to some other hardships, she lost her youngest brother, my uncle Joe, to an aneurysm on Easter Sunday at the age of 50. Despite everything, she held her head high this Christmas, only wanted to find and discuss the positivity in everything, and was the driving force behind making this Christmas one that I would have sooner forgotten.

2. My brothers
They're awesome, and I am so proud of both of them. Thats it

3. My boyfriend's family
This was our third Christmas season together and I always look forward to seeing them. How many people can say that? I couldn't be luckier to have such great in-laws

Last but not least... my boyfriend.
We were apart on Christmas itself, as we always are, but he put the forethought into hiding a little present in my luggage so I had something to open on Christmas day. We have had a rare opportunity this past week to spend a lot of quality time together (he is a chef, so our schedules don't match often), and it just mad me fall in love again.

I don't want to ramble, so I will end it at that. But, I will just re-iterate that I am one, lucky, lucky girl.

Cheers to 2015
-A
The bros
Those amazing summer nights spent on the back balcony with my man, a good bottle of wine, and anything and everything cooked on the BBQ

View from a ridge of the Fairmont hotel, le Manoir Richelieu, in Charlevoix

On a hike in l'Anse de Sable, Charlevoix


No comments:

Post a Comment